Gynecomastia is the presence of male breasts in men. It occurs due to accumulation of fat tissue in the breast region of the chest and leads to the development of breasts. Gynecomastia leads to physical deformity in men, discomfort and social anxiety. This condition can create havoc in the man’s life and lead to depression. However, a man does not have to live with this condition. There are ways to treat it.
Here are some ways to treat gynecomastia:
• If you are taking steroids or human growth hormone, you should immediately stop them. These drugs can lead to breast formation just like sedatives and pep pills.
• Try to reduce your body fat. This will help to reduce the visibility of gynecomastia. The best way is to ensure that your body fat is in proportion to your age. For instance, men who are under 25 years of age should have body fat of around 8 percent – 25 percent, while men who are between the ages of 25 and 60 should have body fat of around 10 percent – 22 percent. Therefore, if you are suffering from gynecomastia, take steps to be at the lower end of the scale. You can go to a clinic to get your body fat measured.
• You should take supplements that help to burn fat in the body. Think of taking 5 grams of L-glutamine, 150 – 350 mcg of chromium, 450 mg of L-cartinine, and around 2 grams of L-arginine. These are all amino acids and are easily available at health food stores. These amino acids can be taken individually or you can get a supplement that contains all them.
• If you want, you can also have a surgery to get rid of the male breasts.
• Sometimes, male breasts can be caused due to hormonal imbalance. So, getting treated for the hormones that are in excess or lacking can rectify the problem.
Source by Kum Martin